My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://yournewblog.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, October 20, 2008

Publix

Its our grocery store here in the South East. I love this place. Publix has amazing customer service, a great bakery, florist, deli, basically everything a girl could ask for. I proudly tote my reusable Publix bags around and would probably buy some stock if they didn't keep it for employees only. There's probably a name for stock like that, but I don't know it. Maybe I should just work there. Then I could get one of those bumper stickers that says "I heart Publix." Does anyone remember the old Publix on Dale Mabry and Neptune when it used to face South instead of East? Its so fancy now. I remember getting free kids cookies there every time we went. Hahaha... I just remembered how my brother, Sam and I would walk around and he would pretend to be blind and I would try to get him to guess what different items were by putting his hand on them. He would usually freak out half way through the store, convinced that I was going to put his hand in the live lobster tank.

Anyway, this is all to say I am not complaining about my beloved grocery when I tell you the following. I have always had a theory, but now I know its true. You may have had it too if you shop at the Publix on 34th and University. The scale is off. Today, I finally confirmed the thought I've had for the past 7 years. See, Ethan was weighed at the hospital today (for his study, don't worry, no emergencies) and I was weighed at the doctor's office and then we weighed ourselves at the store. Its exactly 5 pounds over. That's all.

I should probably be too embarrassed to share this on the Internet, but I have to. You know how people bring magazines to the bathroom? Well I brought my laptop. Give me a break, its the first time I've ever talked to you while in the bathroom. Unless I have on the phone. Sorry. Anyway, I wouldn't have shared except I have peed THREE times in the time it took me to write this blog: 11 minutes. Pregnancy- sheesh. Ethan is singing to himself in the other room (in his remarkable Eastern European accent) "my wife, she likes to poop...while on the interweb...thankful for her readers...it does not smell online."

Alright, got to go put the groceries away.

1 comment:

Amy Greene said...

Living in NC, I miss Publix SO MUCH!!! Our friends that don't know how cool Publix is are so tired of us talking about it! Sometimes Travis and I play the game "If You Were at Publix Right Now, What Would You Eat/Buy?"
We still have some stuff in our cabinets (spices, etc) from Publix and everytime I use them, I get sad.

Kroger can never compare!
Say hi to Publix for me. And yes, I so remember the old Publix...with the cornucopia.

love you V!