My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://yournewblog.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Experiments

I had great plans. One of them was to go to bed early tonight. The other was to produce an all-inclusive blog with pictures and funny stories, but its 11:00 and I've had a couple requests to update (from Mom and Lauren which I think probably make up half my audience) so here's what you get (I'll do pictures soon, though, cause they're really cute):

As you know, I've been doing research for FCRR. I've also been conducting a little research of my own. We've been at a middle school for the week and as much as I love middle schoolers, I miss my elementary kids. Here's why: stinky breath. I noticed one or two kids with foul breath and was thinking, maybe its the corner I'm sitting in, my own breath or a coincidence. But I've tested at least 10 more kids with this problem, eliminated all other variables and realized, hands down, middle schoolers STANK. I'm calling it puberty breath. I think I am going to bring mints in tomorrow, even though its our last day at this school.

Speaking of research, Ethan is done with his study!! No more eating buttered pasta for every meal! To celebrate, I've been trying to treat him to some variety. I thought I would share my 2 new favorite lunch ideas:

Taco salad (this one's good for brown-bagging)-
Chicken cooked with taco seasoning
Salsa
Sour Cream
Olives
Chopped jalapenos
Tortilla chips
Romaine lettuce
Mix it all together. Mmmm

Grilled cheese-
Provolone
Cheddar
Bacon
Tomato
So good.

I got a flu shot today. I hope it doesn't make me feel fluie.

I have been hearing a lot about this maternity/baby/kid consignment shop called Weecycle (cute name, huh?), so I decided to stop by on Laundry Day. What a success! I went in on my way home from work and less than $150 later, left with a pair of Gap maternity pants, clothes for C: pants, dress shirt, sweater vest, fleece snow suit looking thing and best of all, a Peg-Perego stroller that normally sells for over $300. This is why I took the stroller off our registry. Carver will be riding in an Italian luxury vehicle instead.

Right now he's riding in a balloon that's about to pop. That's what it feels like anyway. I think he's had a growth spurt, because all of a sudden pregnancy has gotten very uncomfortable. I would take stretch marks right now if it just meant my skin would actually stretch to fit him. The worst part is every time I think of how hard it is to breath, I get that Maroon 5 song in my head. Sleep has been rough too. I've gotten used to the leg cramps, but my hips have really started to hurt from laying on my side. Luckily, God knows how much I can handle. It seems that as the physical pain kicks in, my emotions have evened out.

We are off to Merritt Island for the weekend, so hopefully I will post some pictures while we are there!

PS- Did I get that stupid song in your head? Try this.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

i love that jason mraz song! what week are you in your pregnancy? carver should be dropping soon and then you'll be able to breath a little!

A said...

I too love that Jason Mraz song. For some reason it just makes me happy :o)