My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://yournewblog.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, October 9, 2008

Octoberfest 2008

Well, this is annoying.

I am not a perfectionist. Actually, I'm pretty type B. But I hate when things are unorganized or hanging over my head. I will waste an hour just trying to think of some insignificant thing I was going to say or do just so I won't have to think about it anymore.

All that to say, I found myself checking my blog history and found an unfinished draft! Ugh. I had 2 choices, delete or post. There is no way I could let some draft hang out there in cyberspace and not do anything with it. I really hate to post this out of chronological order, but it was too special to delete, so forget my craziness and enjoy:

Hammond drop in day was a hit this year, as usual. They are such great hosts and everyone had a swell time! We ate great food, including genuine crepes made by the Hammonds' French roommate. We also played a lot of games and a lot of music. Plus, it was the first year the Gators won on this momentous weekend. I wouldn't know much about that, though, I took a nap.
Sleepy Group Shot


Visiting Uncle Sammy

Danny & Travis

Tent City


Stonerooks & Hammonds


One of the games we played is called Buckwild. I should tell you how to play because its really fun. You need at least 2 teams of 2 people each (3 teams or more is probably best). Each person writes 5 nouns on a scrap sheet of paper. These nouns can be whatever your little heart desires, as long as they're not proper. Mix up the folded papers in a bowl or hat. Then, each pair takes turns trying to get their partner to guess the nouns on the paper they randomly pull from the hat. You get 30 seconds to name all 5 nouns, in order twice. First, the actor can use words, but not motions to get the guesser to name the nouns. Then the actor can use motions, but not words. It sounds easy enough, but 30 seconds goes by quickly.

We should play sometime.

1 comment:

Valerie said...

Oh good! Its not out of order. Just late.