My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://yournewblog.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

6 Minutes And Its Gonna Be A Good Day

This is how mornings have been going at 384 Maguire Village Apt. 6:

6:30- Alarm goes off.
6:40- The snooze goes off and I groan, "Hey Ethan, we gotta get up." (roll over)
6:45- Ethan calls to me through a mouth full of toothpaste, "Honey, you really have to get out of bed." Then he goes to the kitchen to make my breakfast and lunch.
6:55- We leave and my arms are full of all the things I didn't do to get ready: makeup, bagel, vitamins, watch...

Then we stumble to the car and say our first coherent words of the day to each other as I drive him to Shands to eat his B-6 deficient breakfast and pick up his lunch. I wait in the car, eat my bagel and put on my makeup. Then some lady comes and tells me I need to move- can't park here. Oh wait, I'm sleeping and that's just a dream.

Ethan gets back in the car with his to-go box of sawdust and we have an actual conversation on the way downtown to his office. I just want to take this moment to throw a shout out to whoever turned the stop signs on 2nd Ave into yield signs. Anyway, the sky is always pretty behind Dragonfly and the Hippodrome and I really like that part of the drive.

I don't know how (probably those nifty traffic circles), but we got downtown a little early today and a combination of things inspired my next move. One, I've been craving sweet potato pie. Two, Megan works at the downtown Starbucks. Three, it seemed like a day for a treat. So, at 7:40 I decide to go buy myself a Chai Latte. Megan wasn't there, but Sarah Ladd's friend Avani was working and she gave me my drink for free! Thanks Avani! At 7:46, having spent a few extra minutes with E and about to embark on some nutmeg/allspice/clove tastiness, I get back in the car feeling pretty good about today!

BTW- Wondering how I get dressed so quickly? Here's my secret tip: gain 11 pounds in 4 weeks so only a handful of shirts fit you, subtract the ones that are dirty, combine with one of your 3 elastic-waisted bottoms that fit. Ta dah!

No comments: