My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://yournewblog.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, October 19, 2008

A Great Weekend For Gainesville

Thursday Night: Mary's last night out as a bachlorette. We went to dinner and then played frisbee golf. Carver wanted to play too.



Friday: For EDEP (the afterschool program I work for) I teach a sign language club. Do I know sign language? No. But I have learned how to sign the words to High School Musical's "Breaking Free." Just wait for the kids' perfomance. You are going to be touched to say the least.

Friday Night: After a certain pregnant lady (I won't name names) took a lot of tears and minutes to get ready (still not happy with clothes that don't seem to fit right) we went to Mary & Steve's rehearsal dinner. It was a great time at Cafe' Gardens. Not only did Devon make some great chicken, but we got to sit with Chris, Brooke, Fr. Ron and Susie. Then Megan, Sam, Kari and Po came over. Po is moving back to Florida!

Saturday: Sleeping in is always fun. I am trying not to take these few last chances we get for granted. A lot of friends from in and out of town met at the park for lunch and some highly competitive (psyche) knock-out. Knock-out is a basketball game in which you try and get the person in front of you out by making a shot before them. Its pretty much the only basketball game I'm decent at and it was a lot of fun.

Saturday Night: Time for Steve and Mary's wedding! It was so beautiful! I really loved getting to see such close friends of ours get married in our church. Steve is one of Ethan's best friends in Gainesville and a frequenter of Stonerook household dinners. He brews beer with Ethan and our other friend Jon. He has a great sense of humor and loves it when I make fun of him. Especially about that one time we were playing Catch Phrase and the electronic piece that gives the word you are supposed to say clues for made it all the way around the room and he just read the word on the screen.
Mary is one of my best friends in Gainesville and used to be my team coordinator for Young Life. She is such a loyal friend with a huge heart. She is always up for a good time or just hanging out and making stuff together.
After the reception, some McDonalds ice cream and some hanging out at Shady Oaks, Dave, Hope and Kari spent the night.


Sunday: We woke up to gorgeous weather and decided to skip church and make a picnic breakfast. This basically meant a feast of blueberry pancakes, eggs and bacon that we took downstairs to the picnic table. Then, Caroline, Hope and I went on the Parade of Homes. Will we ever be able to afford to buy a house?

Sunday Night: Young Life kickball game. It was supposed to be glow-in-the-dark, but was mostly dark. I guess when The Gators don't play football for the weekend, Gator fans fill their weekend with games like frisbee golf, knock-out and kickball.

I better go before this turns into one of those nights I take my contacts out while falling asleep on the couch and throw them at Ethan so he'll put them up for me.

Sweet Dreams!

No comments: