My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://yournewblog.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, October 2, 2008

MOES Thursday

Its always a good time. No one knows exactly when the tradition started, but we do know what to do every Thursday at 6:30. Eat some burritos. Our dear pals Sam and Megan always attend.


And Danny too.


And there are several that aren't quite regulars, but let's just say if we were a church, we wouldn't have them fill out the perforated visitor slip and put in the offering plate. Let me give you some examples: Katy and David, every resident of Shady Oaks (past and present), Natalie and Dan, Lindsay of course, and probably some more great people that I'm forgetting. So, if you ever want to make a guest appearance, we'll consider it your audition for "regular" status. I hope you do. Plus, everyone watches The Office at our place afterwards. Unless there is a Vice Presidential debate on TV, in which case the boys will watch football and the girls will sort through baby clothes, proud citizens that we are.

Well, I forgot all the other exciting things that I was going to tell you about today, so I'll just give you a couple future posts to look forward to. This week I have been saving up all my good elementary kid stories on the back of a school map. Get ready! Also, I'm sure I will have pictures to share after we get back in town Sunday. We are going to Tallahassee to stay with our friends, Adam and Casey Hammond. Don't worry, they're Gators. But Adam goes to medical school at FSU and Casey is becoming a nurse. They have an open house every October and it is so much fun! Here are some pictures from last year:




As you can see, there is usually quite a showing, so we are bringing the Aero Bed. Thanks Mom! Basically we eat a lot of food, hang out, watch the Gator game, play yard games and get to see the best little brother in the world! Hi Sam!

Alright, this fat-footed lady needs some sleep. Thanks for reading my blog!

BTW- MOES is a Southwest Grill just in case you live somewhere like Nebraska and are confused by my title.

PS- BTW means By The Way just in case you are out of the abbreviation loop.

PPS- I keep meaning to fill you in on Ethan's whole not eating thing. He's selling his body to science. He's doing a clinical research study and can't eat food outside of what they give him at the hospital. He doesn't get the vitamin B6 which is in pretty much anything with color. So just think about everything you eat all day, subtract all the things that aren't beige and that's what he gets. I think eating a menu of pasta with butter, bagels and jell-o is pretty painful for a person who normally daydreams about food as much as I consider my next blog (I'm getting addicted). I hope the new car/new bike/Ikea fund/diapers will be worth it!

5 comments:

Erik said...

Hey Val, you're a great writer. You should continue doing it. We enjoy reading your stuff!

We've been a part of Thursday at Moe's and wish we could be regulars!

Valerie said...

I'm so glad to hear you're fans! I wish you could be regular regulars. We miss you guys. Hopefully we'll be regulars at your new place!

Ethan Stonerook said...

I AM SO HUNGRY RIGHT NOW!!!

Stan Putnam said...

woo! blog out(like a shout out for a blog)!

ps - ps means post script. it is used in friendly letters. and by friendly letters, i mean letters you write to friends. not a friendly-looking font.

Valerie said...

Hahaha... Can you believe this guy?