My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://yournewblog.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

On The Up And Up

One of my favorite things about going to our church is taking communion every Sunday. Actually, its not just one of my favorites, and its not just about church... communion might just be my very favorite thing about life. I can't fully describe the beauty of it, but each time I go up and kneel at the altar, listening to William and Annie play the guitar/piano, I feel the sun shine through the stained glass window onto my shoulders and truly experience God's presence. I feel like I can hold my hands out, offer God all my messed upness and He gives me blessings in return. Mmmm. So this Sunday, like all the others since I've been pregnant, Father Ron went down the line, passing out communion wafers, and paused when he got to me. He always puts his hand on my head and prays a special blessing over Carver. Well, Sunday he prayed that I would have patience. I just laughed out loud. I couldn't/can't think of one thing I need more of right now.

Its been working, too. For a while I felt like I was at a point of giving up, ignoring all my friends and family that have been calling to check up on me, not showering, not even watching 30 Rock on DVD, just hiding under my covers until my water broke. But, oddly enough, now that my due date is only 4 days away, I feel like a load has been lifted, the urgency is gone and I could wait as long as it takes to hold this little one. I'm not saying it isn't a tease when I have contractions from 3-4:30AM, just that the thought of getting up in a couple hours to eat the banana bread I made pulls me through.

I went to my doctor today and all is looking well. Carver is still well-poised, ready to go. His heart beat sounded great (even though he had hiccups) and Mama is about 1cm dialated. We talked "worse case scenario" and the latest she will let me go is around 10 days past my due date. By then I say bring on the pitocin!

Shout outs to mom-in-law Ronda for driving to Gainesville tomorrow to spend the day with me and to Mr. & Mrs. Sweet Dreams for setting aside my very own pint of Mayan Chocolate ice cream! I didn't even have to ask.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

sorry i've been one of those people who calls. i also like to just say hi, and see if you want to play games with me.