My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://yournewblog.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, September 27, 2008

Sweet Baby Carver

How am I supposed to wait 3+ months to hold him, look at him, sing to him, rock him, feed him and take him on walks? I love this boy so much. If you think you know how much you'll love your kids, you don't (unless you already have them, of course... then you are much wiser than I). I know I still don't know the half of it.

I feel like I already know someone I haven't even met. I know he loves hanging out before bed time, I know he loves the Olympics, I know he loves being around people and making me laugh. I know he leaps at the sound of his dad's voice and the feel of his touch. I know he makes me sing and he draws a crowd. I know that Mexican food is not his favorite. I know he inspires a lot of intrigue and stirs a lot of compliments. I know he is tiny and precious. I know God uses him to teach people how much He loves them. Especially me.

We turned off the air conditioning and opened the windows. I am about to fall asleep with my family to the sweet sound of crickets. All 3 of us.

1 comment:

Travis McKinney said...

that was really beautiful. it made me tear up.