My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://yournewblog.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Feeling better

Let's see here, since last Thursday I: got sick, took off work Friday, went to leadership weekend, went to Devon and Sarah's "family" wedding reception, got better, decorated the house for fall, attended Seer Sucker and Sweets with new YL leaders, went to work twice and here I am!

Sick sucked. My throat really hurt and I could not sleep at all Thursday night. I just tossed and peed and turned thinking about taking work off the next day. And I missed Pirate Day! I did have a great day doing nothing on Friday though. It was so nice out and following Ethan's advice, I got some fresh air and read my new issue of Real Simple outside for most of the afternoon.

Leadership weekend was pretty good. It was nice being at Southwind, as always. I was hoping to get to spend some quality time with the other girl leaders and potential leaders because I don't know all of them well. I got there late, left early and for the time that I was there, being sick gave me the distracted feeling that I was wearing my glasses even though I wasn't. Whenever I'm wearing my glasses I get this weird feeling that people can't see me and I'm pretty sure I make strange faces and stare. Brooke says this weekend was just part of the transition Carver will bring with me taking a "back seat" in Gainesville Young Life. I know that Gville YL will go on perfectly without me, but I guess I felt like I could have used my time there more wisely (and been a little less grumpy). I did have a great time Saturday afternoon playing with all my friends' kids. Eily, Hazel, Ava, McKenzie, Lily and Jack were all there. And worship was great Saturday morning. Oh yeah, and we got an adorable Young Life onezie for C man!

We left Southwind in Ocala for Devon and Sarah's party in Orlando. I'm so so glad we went!! We were thinking about not going because I was sick and it was a lot of driving, but it was such a good time to catch up with friends that don't live here anymo. We hung out at Anne and Sarah's parents' where the party was and then spent the night at Drew's parents'. Devon and Adam played guitar and sang and it was just like old times. I'm really glad we had a place to spend the night, cause we all got to hang out the next morning. Plus, it was really Drew's mom's decor that inspired my trip to Pier1/Michael's on Sunday.

I have to interrupt this ever-important blog to say that Ethan has been cooking dinner for the past hour while I goof around on the Internet and he is now sticking his arms and torso out from behind the wall to make it look as if he's flying into the wind. Now he's standing on something to make it look like he's flying higher. Oh geez, now he's doing funny walks (Melissa and Nat, you'll appreciate this). Good thing we are gaining a new family member for him to entertain.

Anyway, when we got home on Sunday, fall fever hit and I tied orange plaid ribbon on enough household items to please Martha Stewart.

I also made a bunch of these:


And this:


And filled these:


Sunday night for new leader training we had a social, Seer Sucker & Sweets. The goal was to dress as preppy as possible, complete a scavenger hunt and meet for ice cream at the end.

We met at the James' before starting:


Keep in mind we are going for over-the-top cheese:


Alright, I am going to go eat dessert while watching The Biggest Loser like the rest of America.

2 comments:

Travis McKinney said...

Goldyachts.com made my family happier than yours. Thank you goldyachts.com!!

Valerie said...

That's what I said! This is the perfect gold yachts picture!