My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://yournewblog.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, September 27, 2008

1 Dress, 2 Stories

This past weekend I wore a cute bubble-hem orange/red dress twice in 24 hours. Luckily, you are the only one who knows about this fashion no-no, because lil C and I were the only guests to attend both events.

Let me tell you about the first event.

2 Stars
You know how adolescent girl magazines usually feature an embarrassing moments section?
"My dad totally caught my boyfriend and me making out under my covers... and to make matters worse (that is the most important line)... my dog, Rover walked into the room with a used tampon in his mouth!"
-5 Stars!!!
Well, Seventeen may only give me a star or two for this one, but for me, it was a slight hormonal breakdown.
We were at our friends, Jay and Diana's wedding. The ceremony was beautiful. They are two very amazing, fun, genuine people that love God. I mean, the dresses, the flowers, the church, the music, everything about the wedding was beautiful. I am so glad we got to be there. When we arrived at the Jacksonville Garden Club for the reception, I was really reminded of where our reception was, which makes sense because ours was also at a garden club.
We got a soda for me, a water for E and made our way to find seating. Sometimes its good when there are place cards and sometimes it isn't. I guess this depends on how many people you know at the wedding and how cool they are. Well, there weren't place cards and I can tell you one thing. I, for one, am not cool enough to just pick a seat. We walked around trying to make up our minds for too long and got stuck standing at a cocktail table. Now I don't want to be a complainer, but if you're a female, your feet probably hurt at most weddings you go to. Now if you're a pregnant female, your feet hurt fo sho. However, I was having a great time and there are worse things in the world, so I didn't really think about it too much and we settled in to our cocktail table and talked to our friends Cameron and Celia.


Appetizers...Introduction of the bridal party...First dance...
Then it was time to for the buffet table. Mmm. After filling up my plate (Ethan can't eat regular food, I'll explain later), we thought we would take another gander around the room to scout out a couple empty seats. Nope.
Then it hit. All of a sudden, I got really upset and bothered that I couldn't sit down. I was shocked that not one gentleman noticed my delicate condition and offered me his seat. Ok, I'm exaggerating, but only kind of. We got a dirty look from a woman when Ethan asked if we could sit at her table in two seats where people had obviously been sitting, but had gotten up and left their empty plates. Then I started crying. I felt awkward, rejected, embarrassed, unwanted and mostly upset at the absurdity and intensity of all these feelings! We sank back to our niche at the cocktail table where Ethan distracted me and told me he couldn't even tell I had been crying.
Warning: Sensitive when pregnant.


Let me tell you about the second event. This one was much less dramatic and much more photogenic.

Big Hats
Mary had a lingerie shower. It was lovely.






2 comments:

aly said...

What kind of woman tells a pregnant lady she can't sit down?! I am incredulous. Had no one there ever had any children? People.
Ah, the emotional roller coaster that is pregnancy. One time I got so mad that I threw a tricycle.

Natalie said...

ugh. i have never ever had a good experience with the "seat yourself" business at a wedding. it's so frustrating.