My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://yournewblog.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, September 15, 2008

Field Mice

I realized I get side tracked very easily when I am writing, so I hope its not too hard to follow me on this thing. If it is, just skip to the pictures, I guess. The reason I say that is because a second ago, 3 words into my first sentence, I thought of this thing Ethan always does. He always writes "passed" instead of "past." I think its really cute, so I've never corrected him in the 5 years he's been writing me love letters. Now that I think about it, I could be the one that's wrong. Oh well, I'll risk it.

This past weekend my sister and her husband, the Dourtes (that is so weird) and the Stonerooks went to the beach. We were going to go to Busch Gardens, but my favorite theme park let me down for the first time and tricked the Dourtes out of using their tickets a second time. It turned out to be a great weekend anyway. We got to see Mom, go to Hoa Wah, see Melissa and spend the day at her beach house and then have dinner with Dad and Portia on our way out of town. Melissa even got to feel Carver kick! He must know how excited she is about him.

Action shot


Not-so-action shot


Dan


Melissa and me at what used to be the Tacky Turtle. They now have new owners and its called the Kooky Koconut. At least they have Old Meeting House ice cream.


This cute one preceeded Ethan's comment, "Natalie has the caloric intake of a field mouse." Its funny cause its true.


Melissa and I were talking about how our girlfriends need to plan an annual trip. Every year, we send a mass email back and forth discussing the idea, but we just need to pick a weekend and do it. Does anyone have any good ideas for a long weekendish trip somewhere on this half of the country? Our trips will hopefully become more exotic as the years go on, but for now, we'll stay relatively close to home.

Funny 1st grade story of this issue:
Friday is National Talk Like a Pirate Day. Now, I don't know if this is a real thing or if our school made it up, but we are sure going to celebrate. So much so, that the whole school started to prepare Monday. A sweet little student raised her hand and asked what "national" means. When the meaning was explained and the class was asked "Who can tell me what nation we live in?" A boy's hand shot up in the air and he proudly said "The Gator Nation!" Its true: the gator nation is everywhere.

I'm glad to tell you all that I had a check up on Monday and that Carver is doing just great. I got to hear his heart beat again and other than that, no pregnancy news here. I have Wednesday afternoons off (besides it being laundry day), so I went to the Lokkesmoes today to watch Olen for a little. We took a walk and said hi to lots of construction equipment, school buses and garbage trucks. When Angie and Levi (who is just a little over a month old) got home I got to hold Levi for a while. He is so cool and makes me so excited for our little boy to get here! She gave me some maternity clothes (thanks for the dresses, Aly) and some baby clothes. As I was putting them and the newborn diapers away, I started crying out how little and precious the diapers are! Wow, crying over diapers. That might be up there with when I cried while watching Hook. Have I already mentioned that time?

No comments: