My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://yournewblog.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

One thing pregnant ladies need more of

Pedicures. Not necessarily because we deserve the special treatment (which we do), but it is actually hard to clip my own toenails now. Just an observation. No matter what angle I take, sitting down/leaning over or pulling my feet up to my face, nothing seems to work quite right. I feel like the chubby little girl in gymnastics who can't do the butterfly stretch. And this is only at 5 and a half months. I can't imagine 4 months from now.

On a totally different note, Ethan and I sold a bunch of junk on Craigslist to clear out the baby's room (which is looking awesome- I'll have to post pictures soon). I also reorganized the pantry, emptied out one cabinet and one drawer in the kitchen. I guess that's what 3 weeks of being unemployed will do for you. Or me. Anyway, added bonus of selling stuff on Craigslist: free money! Anytime I come upon cash I feel like it should be set aside for some special purpose. Since a pedicure fund seemed a little selfish, we made Ethan's Gator jar the Ikea fund. Then we bought this sweet chair (in Eslov black/white) for our bedroom. I imagine waking up to feed Carver and bouncing him to sleep in it. Its more of a bouncing chair than a rocking chair. Because I have a homemade pizza bagel waiting for me in the toaster oven, I'll have to talk about how much I love Ikea at some other point, but I'm sure it will come up somehow. For now, I was just thinking about how it would be cool to bounce a little every night before bed so that Carver associates the motion with sleepy time. Little does he know that before he's even born, I've got tricks up my sleeve. It has been really neat to spend that time "with" him every night before bed this week. I just can't wait to see his cute little face fall asleep!

No comments: