My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://yournewblog.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, February 26, 2009

And The Winner Is...

Ok, ok, hold your horses. First, I want to share the money-saving tips you submitted for my contest:

*Megan shared an awesome blog that I will now follow. It has coupons, promotions and deals: www.goodorfreedeals.blogspot.com
*Christina R. suggested we sign Carver up for a free college-saving program, UPromise. We are. Thanks girl!
*Beth Ann said "I have an idea...actually it is from my mom. She finds the beef that is on sale (i.e. rump roast and such) and has Publix grind it up for ground beef instead of paying a crazy amount for ground beef. The meat counter doesn't mind doing it, AND, in fact, tell her that a lot of people do the same thing. Who knew???"
*My mom has a website that sounds similar to the one Megan shared. I will give you the link when she sends it to me.
*Ethan didn't officially submit a tip, but on behalf of him and our family I will suggest that you sell your crap! One of his favorite things to do is get rid of stuff on Craigslist.org. By cleaning out our closets, we have made a lot of room and some money too. If the Internet is too intimidating, you can always have a garage sale.

So, drum role, please... BETH ANN is our winner! I loved all the suggestions, but I thought the beef idea was the most creative. Plus, we all know how I feel about Publix. BA, expect a cute key chain in the mail sometime soon. If I ever get around to posting them on Etsy, you might get a little preview.

On another note, if you are looking to spend money, I can help you with that, too. Young Life Gainesville is hosting our annual walk-a-thon. We are raising funds to send kids to camp, where we hope they will begin or deepen in a relationship with Jesus Christ. Young Life is the organization that Ethan and I met through and still volunteer with. We have both seen kids' lives change through this ministry. Our own lives have changed through this ministry. If you are interested in making a donation or finding out more about how you can pray for Young Life Gainesville, please email me (valeriestonerook@gmail.com).

1 comment:

Beth Ann said...

Oh wow!!!! YAY!!!! Vera Bradley...WATCH OUT--Val Michelle is coming to get you!