My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://yournewblog.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

The Haps

I love Carver's outfit today. Ethan described it as Clash Thursday of Spirit Week. Haha. He must have forgotten, its actually Moes Thursday.

Celebrating his first round of frisbee golf with obvious excitement!

Carver has accomplished alot in his 3 weeks of life. He had his 2nd check-up and has gained a total of 2 lbs! This now puts him at 10 lbs, 2 oz. As Ethan pointed out, that means he's gained 25% of his initial body weight. Crazy. Doctor says everything is looking great. She was surprised to see his umbilical cord was still hanging on and I was surprised at how bad it smelled. This morning I was delighted to find that stinky bacon scrap tucked into the top of his diaper. He has also mastered the paci and the bottle. I wrote a little poem about it. I hope you like it:

He takes a bottle
She sleeps

It was beautiful. The night before last, Ethan fed Carver a bottle (breast milk, of course) and I got 5 glorious hours of shut eye. In a row! With my new independence, I took myself to get a haircut. I love it, I just hope I can keep up with it.


Our wonderful friends, family and folks from church have been making and bringing us dinner every-other night. It has been such a blessing. Our tummies are full and we don't have to worry about planning meals. All I can say about Gainesville, our church community and our group of friends is that they are making it easy to have a newborn. Carver also makes it easy to have a newborn. He is so peaceful and content. Melissa is visiting this week. She's helping around the house, getting a lot of quality time with Carver and keeping me company. I feel so spoiled.

4 comments:

kimberly said...

You & Carver are super-stylish...lookin' good!!

Unknown said...

I am so glad things are going well for you all! Way to grow Carver!

Travis McKinney said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Travis McKinney said...

what does danny's pose even mean?