My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://yournewblog.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, June 28, 2009

I Think She Had a Baby

I find myself avoiding all the extensive topics I want to blog about because I know how much time it'll take. I'm not one of those people that just writes as they think and then...boom! Posted! (Kind of like Michael's "boom...roasted" from The Office) See, I've already edited this first paragraph.

Anyway, instead of some great story or update, I'll just tell you:

Carver is grabbing everything out of my hands these days. He loves water bottles and cell phones. We've started him on solids. Did I already tell you that? He's tried peas, bananas and carrots. He seems to really like all of them.

We bought tickets to see Harry Potter 6!!! I'm so excited. It comes out midnight of Carver's half birthday. Any volunteers want to come babysit/spend the night at our house (I think the movie is 3 hours long)? You probably won't have to do anything and I'll make you cookies! She doesn't know it yet, but I'll try and trick Kari into it.

I have a side ponytail right now.

I'm so relieved with the state of our bedroom. It was becoming the project/junk room and hardly looked like a comfortable place for two newlyweds to relax. Ignoring my list of to-dos on Friday, I cracked down and rearranged. This also involved a lot of dusting and vacuuming as it had been a while. Saturday I tackled my surprisingly large closet that not only contains my clothes, shoes and bags, but all other kinds of random storage. Everything from Christmas decorations to beach towels end up in there because we don't have the luxury of a linen closet. And honestly, with the 100 degree weather, there was not much else I would have rather done with my weekend. Mmmm, how I love organizing...

Going through my old maternity clothes brought back some fond memories, but who the heck let me buy so many maternity clothes? I had more cute clothes that fit me then than I do now.

Carver's getting baptized July 5th. Ethan's afraid I'm going to dress him up "like an angel." At first I was a little offended by this, but thinking about it now, I'm very amused.

This is the kind of little stuff Lauren and I used to talk about when we worked for AmeriCorps together. I miss you, LC. I also miss working with other adults and kids I can talk with. I saw two old students of mine today. They were at my pool. I think its really funny that little kids have no intention of lowering their voices when they talk about you. I saw the older sister first and said, "Hi, Jane. Do you remember me? I'm Ms. Valerie." She then turned to her little sister and said, "Erin! Its Ms. Valerie. I think she had a baby!" I was literally 5 feet away from them in the pool.

2 comments:

Ethan said...

Cute maternity clothes = Happy wife = Happy life.

Unknown said...

miss you too xoxox