My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://yournewblog.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, March 26, 2009

More Love Than I Ever Knew

Let me tell you about (my) life as a new mom.
Its full of oxymorons.

Its peeling myself from the comfort of blankets and pillows to spend mid-night moments listening to nothing but peaceful swallows.
Its giving up half our income to gain the best job ever.
Its being proud of poop.
Its an odd loneliness with a constant companion.
Its a contest between fear and hope about a little boy's future.
Its a whole new arena of little questions and an answer to some of life's biggest.
Its trying my hardest for someone that won't remember.
It makes me feel old and it makes me feel so young.

Its a world of sacrifices that I wouldn't give up for, well, the world.

2 comments:

kimberly said...

you are amazing!

Laura C said...

He'll remember more than you'll ever know...and while he may not have conscious memory of the first 1 or 2 or maybe even three years, the love and care you show will be engraved upon his heart forever.