My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://yournewblog.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, March 26, 2009

The Circumcision Decision

DAH DAH DAH (Sound effects to go with my serious-sounding title)

I wasn't going to blog about this, because it is such a hot topic, but a very loyal reader brought it up at lunch the other day (it was great to see you, Ms. P!) and got me thinking about it again. Also, if Carver ever reads my blog when he grows up, he might get embarrassed, but what are moms for?

Ethan and I were on the fence about this issue before we even knew if Fetus Stonerook was going to have foreskin or not. I told Ethan the decision was his to make, as I have no experience with having a penis. He wasn't sure what he thought. We polled family for their personal opinions and friends in the medical field for their professional opinions.

We got advice from both sides of the fence. Basically, every argument we heard balanced out an argument from the other side.

The best word I got was from my friend, Aly, who said, "Go with your gut."
My gut said, "If it aint broke, don't fix it."

3 comments:

La Lady said...

all i have to say is that i love how blunt you are on your blog. no euphemisms or beating around the bush here. so i'm interpreting your statement as saying that you didn't circumcise? we didn't either. in case you were wondering

Unknown said...

Both of our boys are intact as we could find no compelling reasons for it. We haven't had any problems!

Valerie said...

I love the support! I feel like by the time Carver's having kids it won't even be an issue anymore.