My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://yournewblog.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, December 19, 2008

The Kitchen Sink

I don't have much to write, just a little bit of everything.

The Christmas tree is up and dazzling, as are my 2 crafty decorations that I got from Real Simple. Carver's room is looking amazing, thanks to 40 dear friends and family that showered me last Sunday. I hope to prove all of this with visuals, but that's usually what turns a 15 minute blogging sesh into a frustrating hour and a half sesh, so I'm procrastinating on that adventure. Plus, I will have to really dig in audio-visually to post the video of the sign language performance! It was fabulous! There's one little first grade girl who does the motions opposite of everyone else. You'll see. The performance concluded an 11 hour work day as well as work as I know it. I am so sad to leave my kids and all the sweet people at Idylwild. I really loved working there and I'm sure I'll be back now and then.

Here are some things I'm looking forward to when Cman is my work:
Playing with him outside
Showing him off as I run errands
Reading to him
Breastfeeding
Visiting his daddy at work
Being able to plan and cook dinner
Making his baby food (thanks to Ronda and Emilye who gave me a baby food maker and Mrs. Sweet Dreams who made me a recipe book!)
Hanging out with other moms
Waking up early for the Mr. Rodgers feeling

Hopefully it won't be too long. I have 3 more weeks, but he sure feels ready. My doctor told me that as of Tuesday he was measuring at 7.5 lbs! I know they can be way off, but I also know this is no small child. I've really enjoyed being pregnant, but it gets very uncomfortable at the end! I can't wait to take a full breath without having to brace myself first.

I also can't wait to:
Longboard
Mountain bike
Roll over in bed without thinking "Is this really going to be worth it?"
Play Frisbee
See bones in my feet
Have ankles
Give frontal hugs
Pee for longer than 10 seconds at a time

I don't know how long it will take to be able to do all of those, but I'll let you know. And although 3rd trimester hormones have caused my brain and tear ducts to do crazy things, in general, pregnancy is pretty delightful. I've mostly felt full of energy, talkative and extremely happy. If nothing else, it forces a sense of humor. Last night at Moe's I had to stick one leg under the arm rest of my chair just to be able to spread my legs out enough for my belly to fall between them.

No comments: