My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://yournewblog.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Can't Sleep

Its exactly 1:00AM and both my boys are sleeping noisily. If I lay in bed and think I usually start to get too overwhelmed with ideas and projects and dates and money and goals and plans, so you can see why I'm blogging instead.

I bought $105 worth of groceries today for $59.

I think Carver and I will walk to the Latin Market tomorrow if the weather is nice. That's because chicken and shrimp paella is on the menu for this week. And pork enchiladas (remember my deal on pork a couple weeks ago?). Two things about that. One is my mom used to date a Basque Jai-alai player (pretty baller, I know). Anyway, we would go with him to this family-type "club" (Latin version of a country club???) with pool tables and kids running around and sweet ladies that talked a lot and always kissed me on the cheek. It was called El Choco, which I thought was Spanish for "The Nest," but I just looked it up on Wikipedia and it looks like I'm wrong. Mike Cincunegui's birthday party was there one year. I think the boys locked Ryan Lab in the bathroom. Point is, the men of El Choco made the best paella. I didn't even like seafood when I was a kid, and I loved that stuff. I wonder where Javi is now. He could probably give me a few paella pointers.

The second thing is, Ethan's coworker is going to pay us to make his lunch 4 days a week. Apparently, he was spending $7+ a day on take-out and Ethan said "heck, pay me $15/week and I'll bring you lunch" (or something like that). I'll let you know how it goes.

I can't believe I forgot to tell you until now! Carver rolled over again! It was tonight in the living room and Ethan got to see it. Speaking of the cutest little booger butt in the world, I really love that kid. If I wasn't cheesy enough before, he has melted my heart into a big, mushy pile of mozzerella. He is drooling A LOT. Teething? At 3 months? I hope not.

Night.

6 comments:

Guenzel Gossip said...

Good luck with the lunches! CJ and I make smoothies 3x a week for a co-worker. It's pretty awesome as they love them and we get to try and make our chocolate superfood smoothies even better. Have fun with it!

Mmmm...paella. Any thoughts on posting your awesome recipe? I have always found the recipe to take too long and it isn't convenient...

Love you V! Squeeze your boy for me. -Cindy

Valerie said...

Hey Cin! You read my mind; I was thinking I might post the recipe after we see how it turns out. I would love one of your smoothies right now...

Unknown said...

Teeth! Rowan got his first 2 at 4 months, so it is def. possible! Also, my kids drool/gnaw for WEEKS before the finally break through!

Valerie said...

Did Rowan's teeth make nursing painful (scared face)?

Unknown said...

No! I have nursed through a lot of teeth! (Seamus nursed until 3.5 and Julianna until 2.5) When they nip you the first time you just react strongly with a "ouch!" and pull them off immediately. They generally don't like that and realize biting hurts! Just part of what we call "nursing manners" and if your manners aren't good the nursie gets taken away!

Valerie said...

Wise words. Thanks!